What’s different about foodpeople?
We are doing what we love & care about: helping our two favorite groups of people live better lives. We are dedicated cultivating relationships with chefs who are the best of the best, not just in the kitchen, but people we'd also want to be friends with, and matching them with those who care about living fulfilling lives while their dollars help make the world a better place.
We promise to take care of our clients, our chefs, our communities, and our planet.
How can I trust your Chefs?
foodpeople chefs are all professional chefs with excellent culinary degrees and years for experience in the industry. We carefully interview each chef and taste their food before we start working with them.
In an unlikely scenario of a negative service experience, you can count foodpeople to be there for you. Every private event booked with us is protected by a multi-million-dollar insurance policy.
Where do the chefs buy the ingredients?
foodpeople chefs know which source has the best ingredient. So they shop from several different local stores to make sure each ingredient is wholesome, organic and sustainable.
Non-GMO, California produce grass fed beef & dairy, cage free poultry, sustainable seafood. If they are unable find organic ingredients, our chefs use their judgment to find a healthy alternative.
What are the kitchen requirements?
Our chefs are experts at creating amazing dishes even when there isn't a kitchen. Ideally, your kitchen has a stove and a sink, but there has been a case where one of our chefs baked several cakes using a just small toaster oven (they were delicious)!
How does this work?
Enjoy the comfort of your home while your chef does the rest.
- Find a chef you like by browsing curated menus.
- Tell your chef the details of your event.
- Request changes or approve the final menu your chef creates for you.
- Pay 50% deposit so your chef can buy the healthiest ingredients right before your event.
- Your chef will arrive a few hours before your event to start preparing.
- Based on your preferences, your chef will serve the food then leave your kitchen spotless. Loved the service? Feel free to tip your chef (and the staff).
- The remainder of your bill is charged.
What's included in the price?
FoodPeople prices are all inclusive. Your final quote includes:
- ~10 hours of chef's time including shopping and commute.
- Cost of ingredients shopped from multiple stores for quality concerns.
- Service fee to keep us providing the quality service that we are proud of.
- Sales tax charged by the chef for the cost of ingredients as it's required by law.
Gratuity is not included.
In some cases, your quote may go up if the event requires extra staff or rentals. In such cases, we'll notify you to get your approval. You'll never be charged before you approve your quote.
What if I want to work with a Chef exclusively?
That’s wonderful! We are so glad you liked your chef so much that you would like to work with them every time! This can certainly be arranged, granted your chef is available when you require our services. One way of ensuring availability would be to book us in advance.
Additionally, if you book with us on a regular basis, for example, four times a week, or once a month, we will provide you with discounted rates to show our appreciation for your patronage! Please contact us to learn the possibilities of our Exclusive Circles.
Have another question? Please tell us. We are looking forward to hearing from you!